Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filled My Tag

Dewy

Filled my antlerless bow tag on the 31st at 7:02 am. Problem occurred when I discovered that the doe I had harvested wasn't a doe but instead was an early shedder
frown.gif
. I was pretty upset with myself for not looking a little harder.

Be careful out there all you late season hunters.

That is an unfortunate mishap, but on the brighter side congratulations on your harvest.
smile.gif

Were you hunting in the IC area, I hunt around there and have seen one buck with a half rack but that is it.

Congrats on the harvest, bummer that it was a shed buck

Kratz

I shot a buck on 12/26 that dropped an antler when I pulled it into the back of the truck. Be carefull out there!

I know things are different from usual down there this year but with such late seasons you'd have to bet that it happens every year doesn't it. We can start here a month before you guys but we're done by the first weekend in December and I bet there are never any shed bucks shot. It's too bad really. Sure hard to tell without a serious closeup view.
crazy.gif

Thats the dumb ASS thing about the late season!! We all hold out and then accidently shoot a BUCK with NO HORNS!

I guess it is congrats, Dewy. Keep your chin up, it's happening to many this year. At least from what I hear you made a really good shot.

Sorry to hear that it was a shed buck. I bet you are gonna have some good eatin' though. Congrats on filling your tag.
waytogo.gif

I did the same thing early november,I arrowed what I thought was a nice doe only to find out it was a button buck.
frown.gif
.I should have looked him over better before I let fly but it happen's I guess.
Can't fault anyone trying to harvest a doe or two.

I did the same thing on the 30th. Couldn't believe it when I walked up on him. Had no idea that they would start to shed in December.

Cape was removed by limb and weasel before I got a chance to snap a photo. Hopefully I won't get another chance to post a pic of a shed buck
frown.gif

Top Bottom