Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filming hunts

waitn4rut

Me and a couple of my buddies want to try to get into filming eachother hunt. I was just wondering, for those of you that film hunts what you would recommend for a camera. I want the footage to turn out good so price isn't too much of an object. I know its gonna be pricy but I just wanted to see what works for you guys. Thanks.

Any 3 ccd cam will be do the job. I would say you are looking at 3-6K start up depending how much you want to do with the footage. I have Cannon GL-2 and it takes great footage when it not getting repaired.

If money was no concern....I would go HD!

Canon XL1s is a great camera. The XL1s has more features than the GL-2 but is also larger than the GL-2 and costs more. Many of the video producers/contractors use the XL1s but many also use a GL-2. I would really research the current products available and what features they have because it will be a major investment. Good luck.

XL1S's and XL2's are what we use and they are fantastic! The footage is great and you can shoulder mount them and are pretty steady. Tlambert has an XL2 and he has a tree mount that they manufacture and it works awesome as well...Can't beat a Canon! Have fun and happy hunting...filming your hunts adds a whole another dimension to the works!! You're gonna love it!

i have been using a XL-2 all year, so far it has accounted for 9 doe kills and two buck kills....no complaints other than the larger profile it has

it does a nice job, but id much rather use the smaller version GL-2. for a deer hunt, i dont think you will notice a difference in footage quality.....
but the XL's are a bit nicer, and a bit spendy-er....

XL-2's seem to have a few more bells and whistles that come standard on the camera...instead of having to add some extras.

Top Bottom