Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally !!!! now with pic!

bowhunter16

Well after 4 years of tryin to get a turkey i was finally able to put one on the ground Tuesday evening. I got set up at about 6:30 pm and did a few clucks, but nothin answered. But then a few minutes later i heard a gobble, so i looked out in the field and there were 2 jakes and one tom about 150 yards out. I did some aggressive calling and they started coming my way. They got to about 100 yards and turned around and headed away from me. I tried doing some more aggressive calling and they gobbled and came back my way again. But then they get back to about 80 yards and headed back away from me again. So then i decide to switch calls and do some light purring. That really did the trick and the 2 jakes really liked what they heard and committed themselves to coming in but the tom decided to stay back and see what was goin on. Then the 2 jakes got to about 30 yards, and i was able to put the smackdown on one of them. I was pumped to finally get my first turkey, and be able to do it by myself too. It was one of the most exciting hunts ive been on and i already cant wait for next year
smile.gif

6724DSC00972-med.jpg

Re: Finally !!!!

Congrats! But you are aware that man law requires you to share a photo?

"cant figure out how to post pictures so if i could email these to someone to post for me, that would be awesome. "

Woops, missed that part!!!
blush.gif

Nothing can quite compare to that first time.....
Congrats!!!!!
sounds like you earned it.....

Doesn't look like much of a jake, looks like he's about as big as most toms. Nice bird. Congrats, sounds like you earned it!

Top Bottom