Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally Turned Some Dirt

Terrific_tom

It finally warmed up and dried out enough to plant my soybean plots. Planted a 2 acre and 1 acre plot. My son and I also disced another 4 acres for weed control for a late summer plantings. We got a bonus by finding 4 more sheds while we were working on the plots.
IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

Did you do all of that with an ATV disc??? I'm amazed you were able to get it that clean with all that vegetation! What is your secret? Do you add weight to the disc or rake it afterwards? I'm getting ready to do mine tomorrow but the last try was not very productive as the disc didn't cut much and then broke on the third pass.:confused: It is repaired now and I'm planning to add weight this time (disc weighs 318lbs).

Did you do all of that with an ATV disc??? I'm amazed you were able to get it that clean with all that vegetation! What is your secret? Do you add weight to the disc or rake it afterwards? I'm getting ready to do mine tomorrow but the last try was not very productive as the disc didn't cut much and then broke on the third pass.:confused: It is repaired now and I'm planning to add weight this time (disc weighs 318lbs).
Yep did it all with ATV disc. Disced once , broadcasted the soybean seed, then ran backover with disc set at 3 inchs and then cultipacked it. No weight added or raking. The disc weighs 420lbs.

your first pic of you on the 4 wheeler is the same field as your last field pic? and you did it all with that 4 wheeler and disk? looks great!

your first pic of you on the 4 wheeler is the same field as your last field pic? and you did it all with that 4 wheeler and disk? looks great!

Yes but different section. I have them split into 3 sections. Yes did it all with the 4 wheeler and disc

So I originally thought (as others may have) that you were claiming the first pic in the weeds was turned into the nice looking fields in the other pics after just one pass & I was going to cry B.S. But after the last post I get it. Any pics of how bad the nice plots were before you disked it ?

So I originally thought (as others may have) that you were claiming the first pic in the weeds was turned into the nice looking fields in the other pics after just one pass & I was going to cry B.S. But after the last post I get it. Any pics of how bad the nice plots were before you disked it ?

Did not intend to deceive any one. Just posted random pics of the days work. I did say in my original post that we had disced some plots for weed control. I would have planted the plot with all the weeds the same as the ones that I did plant. You have to remember that after the 1st pass with disc, I broadcasted the soybean seed and then ran disc over to bury seed which helps to break up any remaining vegetation that the 1st pass of disc didn't get. Here are some pics of one of the plots that got planted.

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1134-1.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

Top Bottom