Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally

Ghost

Life Member
Rain, rain, rain.....

Man were we dry, it has been three weeks and not so much as a drop.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

837rain.jpg

We've had steady rain for 8 days. It finally stopped and the mercury is going up to 88 degrees tomorrow. The alfalfa fields will be growing like dandelions.
grin.gif

I just finished a new pond a bought a new boat motor, so I'm sure I've jinxed Keoukuk County from getting any rain for a while!
grin.gif

Ghost,
I agree with you.
We finally has a soaker all day in the N.E. corner of the state. I was beginning to worry about all the seed I layed down. Hopefully it did not wash out.

Risto

[ QUOTE ]
Rain, rain, rain.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh sure rub it in...we didn't get a drop! My lawn is starting to look like Rudd has been here....
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dbl.
Good afternoon!
What do you recommend (what type of fertilizer) for the annual plots? Mostly Brassicas, rape, etc. I need to do that next week.
Thanks and hope you have a great weekend.
Risto

I would use triple 19 fertilizer, although you normally don't need too much for brassicas. Triple 19 will give you 19#'s of actual each of NPK per 100#'s applied. Only a soil test will tell you exactly what you need. I have had good results with brassicas using no fertilizer at all, however I'm quite fond of spending other peoples money!
grin.gif

Ghostie...I don't know...but I been told...that you are a dancin machine!
cool.gif
Any chance you might be able to do a little rain dance for us??
yay.gif
yay.gif
grin.gif

If we don't get some rain soon...my "food plots" are going to turn into "food NOTS"!
confused.gif

Don't know if I feel up to any "rain dancing" this morning, but things look good for a little rain this morning.

We could use a drink for sure!
waytogo.gif

It's real dry here. We haven't had a good rain in weeks! I was hoping we would get some last night!
frown.gif

The good news is my corn in Davis Co got a good soaking...the bad news is my lawn in VB still looks like Rudd has been a visiting
grin.gif
Guess I'll check with him as to what one does with all the extra time not needed for lawn mowing...
smirk.gif

Looking back and found this thread.

I had to chuckle to myself with the weather we have had this spring. Doesn't seem like we can string two dry days together, though I'll be careful what I wish for.....

It is funny this was pulled up. We haven't had a single drop of rain his spring, not one drop. All the snow moisture has carried us over but we need some rain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't seem like we can string two dry days together, though I'll be careful what I wish for..... </div></div>

In a month we may be crying for rain but...right now I'm keeping my life jacket close at hand... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Top Bottom