Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally!

kelcher

I finally scored on a bird that has been frustrating me for weeks. He avoided me 2nd season and the first weekend of 4th, but I finally connected with him yesterday morning. This was the first time I ran into him without hens. I thought he'd be a big boss three year old, but it ends up he was a beat up, ugly two year old. It really doesn't matter what he had for spurs and beard, after all of that frustration there isn't another turkey out there that I wanted to kill more.

Congrats on sticking with it. How did you identify him when you saw him. To me all turkeys look the same, did he have some distinguishing feature?

I have about one bird per season that things get personal with with this year being an exception. Good job on your kill. Those are the hunts, the ones that make you think the most, that really hold a special place in your heart because you know you beat the odds.

Awesome. Isn't that amazing. I too have had a battle or three with a bird that I am convinced is turkzilla the oldest, meanest bird in the timber. Shoot him and find out he is the youngest meanest two year old in the timber. That is what makes turkey hunting so much fun! Congrats on the bird kelcher!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom