Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Firearms Questions?

oBIGBUCKDOWNo

So this maybe sound like I know nothing about gun ownership, but, here I go any ways... Since I've primarily bow hunted, and the hunting itch grows daily...

What documentation do I need to buy a shotgun, rifle, and muzzy?

Does this documentation vary depending on place of purchase?

As it is right now, you do not need anything to buy a rifle, shotgun, or muzzy. You can buy those over the counter as long as you are over 18. However, some dealers may ask for a conceal carry permit to cover their a$$.

Also, you can order a muzzy online at cabelas (probably ohers too) and delivered to your house.

Actually, I was told the ccw permit doesnt matter when buying one. They do the background check on you (last one took over an hour with surplus right now for me) and then send you on your way

the only reason that a dealer would ask for your concealed carry permit, is to avoid calling in a NICS check, speeding up your transaction. since you don't have one, you will pick out your gun, and fill out a small form, the dealer makes a phone call (usually takes a couple minutes) as long as you have a clean record, you will be on your way.

muzzleloader is not a "firearm" pick one off the shelf, and head to the checkout counter.....or order one online, and have it shipped to your door

Is that true Teeroy? I only ask because I bought a gun a month ago, and said it didnt matter that I had my CCW... so I had to wait for an hour on the background check

the CCW IS your background check. in order to get a CCW, you have to have a check ran on you. who ever you bought from is probably scared and running checks on everyone...stupid

Thanks guys. Ive SHOT plenty of different guns, but never got into purchasing, (besides 10/22). No better time than the present Id guess...

the CCW IS your background check. in order to get a CCW, you have to have a check ran on you. who ever you bought from is probably scared and running checks on everyone...stupid

That's how its handled in Arizona and I can't imagine it being any different in any other state, unless, like Teeroy said, the dealer is scared and covering his own tail. We fill out the first sheet of the FFL form, sign/date the top of the next, the dealer verifies our CCW and sends us on our way. That's how it should be and considering its a Federal law, it should supersede anyone's fears or other ideas. As far as I know, you can use your Iowa CCW in Arizona to purchase a firearm without any problems.

Depends on the muzzleloader you plan to buy many brands you still have to paperwork

Only for models that are capable of switching barrels to make it a rifle. Other pure muzzys you just need to be 18. Shotguns and rifles require a background check. Handguns require a CCW or "permit to acquire"

Top Bottom