Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fireflies

pethers

Am I the only one having problems with fireflies setting off a trailcam? I can not set my camera out without gettig a memory full of firefly pics. With that flash going off all the time, the deer probably stay the heck away from the light show.

Any suggetions on how to take care of this problem? Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait until the first frost.

I cant believe its fireflies.
I had a camera out last night that i was testing. This was just outside the house and there were fireflies everywhere. Not one set the camera off.

I don't know what else it could be Vman. That camera goes off like a strobe light when there are fireflies out. I've got all kinds of glowing little lights in my pictures. I watch the spot out back where my camera is, and whenever a fly goes by, the camera goes off. Is there a way to lower the sensitivity of the camera? Thanks for responding Vman.

I would call thier tec support and check for and adjustment. I know Vcams have adjustable sensitivity.

I called Moultrie directly. The guy there thought I might have a bad camera. Said he doesn't think a firefly would create enough heat to set it off. Says he thinks it's just a coincidence that I am seeing fireflies around when it's taken random pics.

I had the same problem with a moultrie. Sent it in and they promptly fixed and returned it. Haven't had the problem since (that was 2 years ago).

Welcome to the site letemwalk!!!
waytogo.gif

Yes, welcome aboard! I took my taxidermy schooling in Madison County. Very cool area and lots WILDLIFE!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Welcome aboard! I do most of my bowhunting in Madison. Where did you say you saw that little buck with a "little" drop tine?
smile.gif

Top Bottom