Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First beaver!

dbltree

Super Moderator
My son caught his first beaver the other day!

Jesses1stbeaver12-22-08.jpg

Pretty cool as a dad to have him call me on his cell "Dad! I caught a beaver!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif (or coyote or whatever)

NiceBeaver.jpg

I remember well, calling my Dad when I harvested my first buck with a bow...and I was hardly a "kid" at the time... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My son has caught a little of everything this season...

11-03-8Catch.jpg

Our garage has been turned into a "skinning, fleshing, stretching shed" and our freezer filled with "stuff" that smells funny... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif but I'm so glad he (and I) has I chance to make these memories.

Nothing like spending the fall and winter tramping a trapline and learning about all facets of our great outdoors! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nothing like spending the fall and winter tramping a trapline and learning about all facets of our great outdoors! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Exactly how I feel. I do believe is is going to be hooked on beaver trapping now. I like it better than any other trapping.

Congrats to him dbltree. I now how you feel. I get the same feeling seeing my boys checking and running there traps. I get as much kick out of it just hanging back and watching the boys do there thing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

And to think he was just getting into trapping a year or so ago. He's doing a fine job Paul, I'd hate to be a critter around your place! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Fantastic! I am glad to see someone young involved in trapping. Keep up the good work.

Nice job, your son sure seems to have the "fever" for trapping. If he wants to he can set some traps at my place, I did have a coyote nearly run me over last time I was there, but I didn't have a gun in my hand since I didn't have a tag for that season.

11-03-8Catch.jpg

Congrats to your son Paul. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

He looks to be doing a great job.

BTW- Don't let Andy see this picture it will thoroughly confuse him. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

he does so well because he has a great teacher!!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

keep after it!!

That's awesome stuff Paul...great memories for sure. Those are some of my fondest with my dad. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Well done by the boy.

I have a question tho. I understand the coyote, the racoon and the beaver. But I don't understand the skunk? .....
fing27.gif

Congrats to your son...and you /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nothing forms and strenghtens bonds like time spent outdoors together!

Is that GRINNER still alive in that pic Paul? Looks as if it wants to play football. Go deep Skully!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windwalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like fun congrats.Lucky to have a son that loves the outdoors /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Yes I am! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

His Mom is not quite as "enthused"...cause there are "dead things" hanging in her garage...

2ndYote12-28-08.jpg

Trapping "junk" everywhere...

Stretchedyote.jpg

Stretchers hanging anyplace he can find a spot...

Possumfur.jpg

Heyyy..get that thing off my bear rug!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hidesgalore.jpg

Dang kid....I still have the biggest hide on the wall though.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Ha,ha! Boy does that bring back memories! My mom always hated the HUGE pile of rotting coon carcasses piled up outside the fur-shed! Makes me wonder what the neighbors must have thought sometimes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Re: Monster beaver!

My son came home with a monster 60# beaver yesterday!

60pdbeaver1-2-09.jpg

The scales don't lie! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Scale.jpg

Sure was a big ole critter!

Closeup.jpg

Now if I could just get a buck the equivelant of that thing /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom