Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Bow Bird

BowHuntinJunky

Life Member
Finally got my first turkey with a bow. It worked out perfectly, My older brother was there to share the moment with me and everything came together perfectly. We had got in early and set up our blind and decoys hoping we were in the right spot we were hunting a property we had never hunted before. Around 5:45 we could hear a gobbler off in the distance. That was the only bird we heard for 10-15 minutes then all of a sudded birds were going crazy. We had birds gobbling 50 yards in front of us! Around 6:15 we could see birds coming down the ridge in front of us. Every time I called 4-5 would respond right away. 6:30 we had 2 toms come in and got behind the blind and flew across the river I thought the hunt was over when I look up and see 2 birds comming across the field. As they got closer we saw they were jakes, but I decided i better fill my tags because, I have to have surgery which will cut my hunting time short. They came in sturtting right to the jake decoy. Strutted in to about 8 yards before I put him down. The other jake strutted around him for a little while as 2 more jakes ran down the bluff to the down bird checking stuff out. The birds had already gave us some awesome footage so I decided to fill my other tag made a perfect shot it ran about 20 yards and went down as the other jakes followed it and investigated. It was The most exciting hunt I have been on.

Sounds like a great time to me, congratulations
beerchug.gif

Congrats on your first bow harvest ... if you're anywhere near as excited as my dad was this past weekend when he harvested his first by bow I'm sure it's an experience you won't soon forget!!!
laugh.gif

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom