Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

first bow deer

Wow congrats on your first buck, I would have been thrilled to shoot him for the first one, I had to go through a lot of small ones before I shot one like that! :way:

Saturday october 22 down around centerville.started out in the afternoon with 2 does by the bottom of my stand even before I could pull my bow up. than it got quite until I heard some rackus ... from a pickup in the pasture 200yds away and than talking in the woods , little freaky.. than and hour later heard some leaves russle stood to see a deer go flyin by than heard more leaves thought it was the annoying "tree rats" . than along came a nice little 8 pointer , drew on him and waited for a shot as he was hidden behind a tree I leaned back in the stand and than I saw the biggest butt on a deer I'd ever seen and than heard that ruckcus again ,same guys driving again, but the deer stayed put, whew. and knew I had a decesion to make , take the shot at the 8 that was 15 yds behind a tree or wait ...I waited and sure enough the bigger guy followed the 8's path right to my 15 yd mark. over 5 min. at full draw seems like FOREVER. The 8 was still at the base of my stand when I let the arrow fly, hit where I aimed and off the big guy went ,with my arrow in him. heard him crash and wheeze but still wasnt sure if we'd find him.... that was at 6:22 and at 7:40 in the dark we found him after he jumped a gully 10 feet wide, arrow broken off, and what a sight he was bigger than I thought even. absoultly a fabulous feeling. cant wait to try a muzzloader now!!!!

Looks like it was worth the wait!!!! One heck of a buck, specially the first one with a bow!

Congrats!

Top Bottom