Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First bow kill

We (my dad and I) were sitting at the bottom of a water way and we had seen only a couple of deer. Around 7:20-25, a fawn buck and doe ran into the trees at my right then another fawn doe came runnig in front of us with mamma close behind. The doe stopped at 10-15 yards and I rushed the shot and shot a little over her back. She bound a couple of yards and stopped. While I was knocking another arrow she walked out to about 25 yards and when she turned so she was quartering away I let her have it. She didn't go more than 80-100 yards before we herd her crash. I didn't realize how much I was shaking until after she was gone. It was an experience that I wil never forget.
965P0003260resized-med.jpg

Congrats mc, there's nothing like taking your first with a bow. Being able to share that experience with your father even makes it better.
waytogo.gif

Congratulations, that first one with a bow IS something to remember.

Nice picture too !

That certainly will make for some tasty steaks.

congrats zach. that shootin' at hogies finaly paid off........
waytogo.gif

and don't listen to these guys here about your hair man. you remind me of the 70's everytime i see ya...
bigshock.gif

Congrats Zach! I was thinking about everyone who was hunting in this warm weather. Can't wait til it cools down. That is a beautiful doe and a great picture. Good job!
smile.gif

Here's the one I wanted to post. I don't think he looks to dorky in this one. He looks like he enjoyed himself. He really smoked her I am sure I was nearly as excited as he was.

Picture deleted at request of hunter.
confused.gif

Top Bottom