Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Buck Ever

At pool league last night a guy askedif i had shot a deer yetand i showed him my pictureon my phone and he said, why the heck did ya shoot it, it is only 131 inches, i would have waited for a monster.
For me this was a blast, i had about 50 hours or more in hunting this year while my kids were at home and i had other stuff to do, i really enjoyed it and i feel he was a aged deer, not old or at its limit, but a deer that wasnt tiny or going to behugeif let go
thanks every one for the comments

chumscustoms said:
At pool league last night a guy askedif i had shot a deer yetand i showed him my pictureon my phone and he said, why the heck did ya shoot it, it is only 131 inches, i would have waited for a monster.
For me this was a blast, i had about 50 hours or more in hunting this year while my kids were at home and i had other stuff to do, i really enjoyed it and i feel he was a aged deer, not old or at its limit, but a deer that wasnt tiny or going to behugeif let go
thanks every one for the comments

Don't listen to that clown. Anyone that puts down another guys trophy has his own issues.

Don't listen to that clown. Anyone that puts down another guys trophy has his own issues.

Well said. Is it just me, or do approximately 80% of the guys that belittle a deer someone else has shot take their very first opportunity to shoot the same class of buck?:D

It seems as though once that type of hunter shoots their buck, it is closely followed by phrases such as, "I had hunted hard and I thought he was a different buck..." or "...ground shrinkage...".

I know Ben very well, I know exactly where he is hunting, as I used to hunt the very same area once upon a time. That is a nice buck for that area, very nice, and you should feel good about him. Back in the day...that would have been the biggest buck anyone would ever SEE in that neighborhood as it was heavily hunted and EVERYONE shot their buck, every season.

trust me i am not worrying about that guy, I posted that cause i found it kinda funny, cause lots of people go after a number or score, I wanted a huge one for my first but after this years experience i am bummed now that i cant keep going after another buck, so i had a blast and he can wait all year and havea empty tag at the end or maybe he will shot a bruiser.

Top Bottom