Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Buck Harvest Post of 2005

ironwood

This 161 inch plus buck was taken by my nephew Louie at 8:30 AM on Saturday 9-17. Louie was sitting with his dad on a large platform stand, on an oak covered hill top. This guy took his time feeding into range and looked like he was going to leave at one point, but the wind was perfect and the buck was clueless as he dropped in his tracks when the Winchester Gold Partition sabot round struck. This is Louie's first buck. His brother Luke could have taken a 130 class eight pointer later that day but chose to let him grow, much as his brother has done several time before Saturday morning. The lower picture shows my boys and my nephews Luke and Louie.

547Youth_deer_2005_011resized.jpg

547Youth_deer_2005_016resized.jpg

Way to go!!!. I still remeber my first like it was yesterday. My hats are off to the lucky hunter and your family. Congrats again on one awesome buck and thanks for sharing the photos with us.
laugh.gif

Rudd no pictures of this deer, but my boy Nate say this is a deer he wanted to hunt from a ground blind he built in a stand of cattails and cedars. Nice bedding area setup.

Congratulations on a great deer Louie!!! Sounds like you made a good shot on him too. Hopefully my son and I will score on something this week. We had a smaller buck and some does within range this weekend but Jake wasn't interested. We will keep looking for one he wants. plenty of time yet.

That is one sweet buck! I love the dark muzzle. The early season capes make the most beautiful mounts too!! You can see so much more detail in the face. Congrats to you and thanks for sharing with all of us.

Good Job! 161+ for your first buck. Holy Smokes! Ironwood, you got your work cut out for you one upping the kid!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom