Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First buck out of my wheelchair

Quad4hunter

PMA Member
Here are a few pictures of my 6 point buck I shot Sunday 10/3/04 the last day of the season. My bother Steve and I had my blind set up next to a hay bale. There was timber in front of us and to the right about 35 yards both ways. Just before seven I saw something to the right it was a six pointer. He was staring right at the blind. He would take a step then stare at us again. Then he started to walk down the timber line then all of a sudden he turned and was going to cross right in front of us. I had my gun set up at the height I thought a deer woud be at around 25 yards. I was right on when I saw he's chest in the scope I bit down on my trigger puller. The 45 caliber cva muzzleloader went off and so did the deer. I knew I had to of hit him so my brother went to check. There was blood at the place I shot but just drops to follow on his trail. My uncle, Aunte, cousin and his two boys came out to help search. I was in the blind about 45 minutes alone waiting for a yell Then I heard we found him. They drgged him up to me. He had only went 80 yards. This is my first deer I have shot since I was paralyzed 18 years ago. I hunted 4 days last year. My gun runs by a 4 way switch. Ran by 2 electric car window motors. It was great to be huntin with my brother after 18 years. We still hunted but This is the first Hunt I got to do the shooting.

Take a kid hunting then you won't be hunting the kid.

Forget yesterday, Enjoy today, and Look forward to tomorrow.

Your an inspiration to us all, congratulations & I hope it's the 1st of many more to come.

Way cool
waytogo.gif
Thanks for sharing it with us all. I also think it is neat to be able to hunt with your brother again. It may have took 18yrs but I am sure you will be back out soon. Way to go!!!
smile.gif

excellent story! congrats on the buck! and i would like to thank you for being an ispiration, and also have the will and perseverance to continue participating in the sport! awesome!
peace.gif
waytogo.gif

Way to go bud, you have certainly defeated the odds and with great admiration. Congrats!! Here are the pics from his buck, once again Great job!
933deer_56.jpg
933deer_1.jpg
933deer_2.jpg

The family sure will remember that one as vivid as you will. It still feels good after 18 years doesn't it? Congratulations on a great harvest and memory.

Thats the cats a$$, now its time to bang up some does.

Kevin, my uncle is a quad, hes been hunting for several years now. You might know of him if your involved with any of the handicapped hunting clubs and associations. He has harvested a bunch of animals inclueding even calling in his own turkey, Anyway his name is Mike Vanderbosch and lives in NY. His turkey call was simply a tuppaware bowl with a thin rubber sheet, epoxy held the two and a straw for suction along with a cable hooked up to Quaker Boys easy yelper. He has all kinds of hunting gadgets and stuff like that. Heres a picture of his bow, I had to machine up a few parts for it but other than the bow it was not costy.
Hope the season only gets better, those young boys do any hunting.
2781DCP_0481-med.JPG

Way to go. You are very brave and an inspiration to everyone that hunts. Nice buck and thanks for sharing with us.

Courage, determination, and family support. You and your friends/relatives are a great example of the celebration of life.

Oh yeah, excellent buck.... Hope I have something to post later in the season. Thanks for the post.

Brent

All I can really say is AWSOME!!! I can think of alot of other things to say also but they have already been said. That is such a great acomplishment. You are truely an inspiration to all of us.
applause.gif
applause.gif

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to get out hunting with your brother after all these years. It's the times in the woods with family that makes hunting what it's all about.

Top Bottom