Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Hard Horned and Age Question

WhereAmI

Was excited to see the first hard horned picture of the year!

Now can anybody guess what the age of these two bucks are?? I presume 3 1/2ish??

Nado40_zps0c5b30ca.jpg

Nado49_zps0774866b.jpg

Then here is a different one.

JrT119--_zpsff0f80ae.jpg

JrT116_zpsfbd7cdbd.jpg

Finally got some better pictures of this buck. He is traveling over close to a mile and a half between the two different cameras I have.
BiggieSmalls140_zps5905cd5b.jpg

BiggieSmalls162--_zpsa5785706.jpg

2 1/2 and 3 1/2 IMO. The second deer (goofy antlers) has a more developed chest, shoulders, and hams than the first deer. The first deer has very long legs and undeveloped shoulders and hind quarters indicating 2 1/2. That second deer is very cool.

That second deer would be on my hit list. Just to weird of rack to let go.

The goofy racked one is older than you think. Look at the belly and brisket. Got the ol man sag to it. Shooter!

First buck, 3-1/2 or strong 2-1/2. Let'em walk.

First 2.5-3.5 years, give him another year and he'll be a good one. Second (goofy rack), he's likely 4.5 years and too cool to pass.

BB

The second picture of the first buck screams 2.5 for me, the last picture of the second buck says he's 4.5 or maybe 5.5 and with that character to boot...he'd be on my list for sure!!

Middle buck looks like a possible 3.5

The goofy buck is the only buck on my mind right now as far as a hit list would go! I found it odd that he is traveling so far right now, when I read other people say old mature bucks have a pretty tight home range this time of year.

The first two bucks I wondered about age because I am hoping they make it through the hunting seasons. I thought they looked younger, but wanted other peoples opinion.

Top Bottom