Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First harvest photos

caleb

There are a few big guys going down here and there, but the flurry has not yet begun. I thought this would be a fun time for members to post their first ever harvest pics. I will start.
11-2-2007_9_38_47_AM.jpg
One happy twelve year old! I was hard on the button bucks back in the day. A classic grab 'em by the ears in the back of the pickup with the tongue hanging out photo. I have come a long way since then. Notice the vintage levis coveralls and K-mart pac boots. And I couldn't have been happier!

This is my first deer ever, with a bow to boot! Shot it with an XI Impact set at 45 pounds when I was 9 or 10 years old. Used Bear Razorheads filed down for maximum penetration on the front of a plain old aluminum 18/16. Awesome morning, he came in and smelled the doe in heat stuff my dad sprayed for me and after I shot him he ran off and died within sight of my dad's stand. Let me know if a red X shows up, this is linked to the old forum gallery.

411Mattkidhunt3.jpg

Well here are my first two shotgun kills ever. Shot the doe within the first 20 minutes of season to fill my tag. My dad came down and said congrats, we gutted her and then I said what if I see another one? He said if it was a buck then shoot it and he'd tag it, we were party hunting. I said ok and back to hunting we went. Well not even 15 minutes passed and this buck came out and very long ways off but I was feeling cocky for the hunter I was just having shot the doe. I rifle a shot at this buck, well long story short I ended up emptying my gun and stopped this buck on the last shot. Boy have I come a long ways since those days but those are days I will never forget. I still remember dad walking down the hill looking at me standing by the buck. He sure was proud but I think a bit in dis-belief that I actually killed another one!

deer99B.JPG

Thanks for starting this post HuntCrazy, brought back some good memories!

CCK

Here is the my first Archery Harvest! The guy to my left is my Brother In Law and partner at Double A! This buck was taking when I was 13 in an area by Dunkerton IA! It was about a 22 yard shot, with a bow that youth would laugh at today!(hell my new bow is smaller ATA)

I couldn't have been more proud, and the shoulder mount is still proudly displayed behind the counter at Double A with the half shaft and broadhead under it!

I shot him with a delta 2 blade broadhead with the ond 1916 eastons! Out of a HOYT(yup I said it) Sensation pulling about 45 lbs!

I can still remember every detail! No fiber optics back then to make sights glow, and I still shake when I see a deer today as bad as I did when I shot him!

The excitement of that first one is the best experience ever! I can't wait for the day for a child of mine to feel that joy!!

GREAT POST IDEA!!!

Sorry about the graining picture as well!!

andy_john.jpg

Here is my first Harvest Pic of a Buck with a Bow!!

I gotta do some digging to find my old pics of deer I shot.

family.jpg

Here's my first Buck. Not trying to say I'm an old fart, but check out the design on the pepsi can in the background.
9_Point.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wow...twenty eight years ago...time flys when your having fun!

December 4th 1979
</div></div>

Kent you're an old fart, oh wait I am too. [evil laughing devil]

Cool old pic Kent...very cool.

I need to find a scanner....and a way to eliminate the cowboy boots in my picture.

Even I feel old... I'm wearing original Treebark as that's all there was. Dad still wears his army camo and he's of the opinion it's the best out there.

And if there's ONE person I won't argue with... it's him. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

"Broken Arrow", Is that a pull tab can? Damn, you are old! Ha,ha. Ghost, they didn't even have color film back then? Was it the old flash pan type camera too? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Great pics guys, keep them coming!

Cool post!!!!!!
Here's my first from 1973. I still remember the shot like it was yesterday.
Muddy, check out the bow, it's the same Groves from this turkey pic after it was restored. Just like your's isn't it?

firstdeera.jpg

bowbird6.jpg

Nov,11, 1978 first year bowhunting w/ my dad.I used a Ben Pearson Compound 38#.Passthrough shot, never did find the arrow. this was a big buck back then! look at the old orange deer tag, they used to alternate them from yellow to green to orange if my memory serves, I remember sitting up in trees with no stand , just stood in a crotch. Ahhh the good old days. Had Fred Bear sign this picture for me back in I believe 1979 at the old Woody's now Archery Field & Sports in DM. Also got uncle Ted to sign it a few years back when he came to the IBA banquet.

11131st_deer.JPG

1113deer2.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wow...twenty eight years ago...time flys when your having fun!

December 4th 1979

First1.jpg

</div></div>

I dont know about anyone else but does this look exactly like his boy, Gabe.

If the picture was a little newer I wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my first deer ever, with a bow to boot! Shot it with an XI Impact set at 45 pounds when I was 9 or 10 years old. Used Bear Razorheads filed down for maximum penetration on the front of a plain old aluminum 18/16. Awesome morning, he came in and smelled the doe in heat stuff my dad sprayed for me and after I shot him he ran off and died within sight of my dad's stand. Let me know if a red X shows up, this is linked to the old forum gallery.

411Mattkidhunt3.jpg
</div></div>

I'm not sure if I want to get on Muddy's bad side but I can't resist...those glasses are sweet man. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom