Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First one is a fun one.....

SaskGuy

Brutal yr for cams for me this yr. Got them out late, some salt licks got crushed by fallen timber and the spots are no good now, had one cam get water into it and until tonight I had only one cam out. It's likely getting late for salt licks to gather many pics and I'll have to hope for some early field edge scrapes. I Tossed another up and swapped cards, first buck is a fun one. Not a giant by any strecth but an old buck I'm glad to see. Wasn't much else on the card.
dd.jpg

dd3.jpg

dd4.jpg

dd5.jpg

He's not as big as he once was but appears right on par with the last few yrs. He should still grow some as he has always been a late velvet shedder that has added antler almost right through Aug. Old bucks are cool.
Here he is last yr right around the same date in Aug.
bf.jpg

Later on in hard antler.
0194.jpg

Velvet pic from Sept of 09.....he decreased quite a bit in from 08 and his drop was on the right that side, and very small.
394.jpg

Late Sept that yr.
choclate.jpg

The yr he looked the best, back in 08.
m_587.jpg

Later that fall.
dd_087.jpg

I find it surprising he is still around as he most definately has done some walking around in the daylight over the yrs. I've been there to see it. I am not 100% certain if he'll want to do that this yr even though he is not a giant, right now I like him.

Seeing as you're honed in on him, do you have any of his sheds? That is a neat old buck. It always amazes me how much different they look come October than they do in the summer. The pics you have of him from last year are a perfect example of how much they change. He looks like a bruiser of a deer(body) in that snow pic.

pretty good stuff Kaare, I always get a bit excited (like x-mas presents) when I see your threads in the trail-cam section. :grin:

Sucks for the bad luck, but you made up for it with all the history. Thanks for sharing.:way:

dedgeez, I haven't picked up a single shed from him since he started growing a drop tine. I believe this is his set from one yr prior to where he had been at his largest. I looked hard and long for his 08 set and searched his area quite hard every yr but had no luck with his sheds. I do not know if someone else has them or if they're squirrel food, I'd guess the latter.

0071.jpg

I have pics of him from that yr as well but they are printed off and not on this computer. I believe he is 8 1/2, possibly 9 1/2.

That's unreal. It is so hard to get that kind of age structure here, and your deer are doing it in "non managed" areas. That is why IMO i think the next world record will come from Canada. Alot of people say that it will come from the Midwest, but it's almost hard for a deer to go undocumented and get to that age here. You are truly blessed to live where you do. Seems to be a sportsmans paradise! Accept that you have winter for six months out of the year. :grin:

very cool history, I have a buck that I have gotten pictures of for 5 years and I believe to be 8 1/2.... I have bigger bucks on the farm but I am always more pumped to get his pictures each year.

Top Bottom