Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

first pass up of the season

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Even thought it was too warm I couldn't take it and I went out last night and sat in one of my tree stands over looking a food plot- had a nice 140 class buck walk right below me and wouldn't leave until two raccoons started playing near by. Was hoping for a doe or one of my hit list bucks but no dice- being it was just OCT 2- was an easy pass on that 10 pointer. Plus he should be a great deer next year- was nice to get out and see some movement and Sunday should the day to be out!

Even thought it was too warm I couldn't take it and I went out last night and sat in one of my tree stands over looking a food plot- had a nice 140 class buck walk right below me and wouldn't leave until two raccoons started playing near by. Was hoping for a doe or one of my hit list bucks but no dice- being it was just OCT 2- was an easy pass on that 10 pointer. Plus he should be a great deer next year- was nice to get out and see some movement and Sunday should the day to be out!

Passed up a 140's :confused:.

Passed up a 140's :confused:.

I have 3 different properties I have stands on that I can exclusively hunt and I have pictures of many deer on all 3 that are larger than a 140 class buck. No way on Oct 2nd did I want to be tagged out when I still have all of Rut to see some monsters come my way:) easy pass- plus I think he is just a 3.5-4 year old so he has a couple years left to grow- I will look for his trail cam picture and post him

20981-tc20132_original.jpg

Looks like a nice deer. And a great pass if he's not what you want. I can't say the same for my first hunt. Got skunked. But man it was nice to get back out there!

That looks like a young deer to me. I'd say correct decision. If you have to think about shooting him you shouldn't be shooting is my motto.

That looks like a young deer to me. I'd say correct decision. If you have to think about shooting him you shouldn't be shooting is my motto.

exactly- and oct 2nd- or Nov 2nd- wouldn't have shot this buck excited to look for his sheds in Feb and see how he progresses from this year to next (assuming he doesn't get killed by someone else)

would you put him in the 140's like I stated??

Yes, 140s would be my guess, and he does look young. I agree with your choice, with bigger bucks around.

Yes I think low 140s. His time length might make him appear bigger than he is. It looks like he's fairly narrow. 16ish inside and lacking mass. The narrow spread also makes the main beams 21ish more than likely.

Top Bottom