Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First time with trail cams

James315

So I bought 4 cams and found some nice rub trails in the timber, next to my cabin, and a couple low land spots. Bought a 40 pound bag of corn and put some in front of each cam to lure. This was about a week ago, and went back today to find the trail cam at my cabin was stolen, and one other cam was cut off the tree and stripped of my 16gig micro SD. Is it weird that he stole one cam and left the other laying on the ground? Funny thing is there is probably about 30 pics of my dad shooting his new 30-30, so maybe when he sees those pictures he gets a little more scared of trespassing.

Anyways besides that really ticking me off, I got excited to look at my first trail cam pics. Im guessing i need to work on hiding my cameras a little better, any tips would help alot. but it seems the one i spent the most time hiding had alot of random blank shots triggered by brush blowing, or shadows. Ill show you some pictures even know they aren't anything special.

2nbvfya.jpg

Battle wounds?
28w0077.jpg

Weird looking guy
2cyr90j.jpg

-James

I bet you can't wait until this late summer and early fall catching some bucks on camera! That's always fun!

For me, I like to leave my camera up 2-3 weeks. The longer, the better. Because you have less human activity and when there is less human activity, there is less human scent. That is another thing, I always try to spray the camera down before I go, and I always spray myself down before I go into the woods to set up the camera. But that is just me, I don't know about the other guys!

Good luck!

I bet you can't wait until this late summer and early fall catching some bucks on camera! That's always fun!

For me, I like to leave my camera up 2-3 weeks. The longer, the better. Because you have less human activity and when there is less human activity, there is less human scent. That is another thing, I always try to spray the camera down before I go, and I always spray myself down before I go into the woods to set up the camera. But that is just me, I don't know about the other guys!

Good luck!

Why, you dont like pictures like this?

5b4he9.jpg

Haha But should i take my cams down so they dont get stolen now that the sheds have dropped? Sorry im new to trail cams

Top Bottom