Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fishing Pictures

sofakingfast_1

Earlier today i was thinking about the stories my grandpa told me about his uncle Harvey noodling for catfish down in Palmyra, Missouri. He was telling me that he was very good at it and had a fish tear the skin off almost his whole hand. After that day his wife made him stop. That got me thinking and i found some pictures of him and some of his fish.Also some other family members. I'm not sure who all of them are. I figured id post them up. Some of the pictures are as old as 1912 so the quality isnt the greatest.

Harvcliff.jpg
Carrier_Branch_Gander_fishing_1926.jpg
Fishing_group1.jpg
16_catfish.jpg
Flathead_happy_hollow.jpg
Fish_weighing.jpg
Cleve_Carrier_6_carp_1924.jpg
Alfred_Leola_Cleve_fish_1924.jpg

I guess these last 2 are from Big Stone Lake in South Dakota
Fishing_1953_BigStoneLake_SD.jpg
Don_Paul_Hope_fishing_lake.jpg

Wonderful photos! Those are family treasures...Wish my grandpa and uncles had shot more pictures when they were young. Thanks for sharing!

you can see where you get your addiction from. Those are some great family history pics.

hoofline.gif

Those old family photos are truly treasures. Thanks for sharing! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<< iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

Looks like Big Stone was cranking out some big crappies back in the day. I've never thought of it as a crappie lake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grasshopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonderful photos! Those are family treasures...Wish my grandpa and uncles had shot more pictures when they were young. Thanks for sharing! </div></div>
+1

Very special photos! It amazes me how they use to take pics in their suits, white shirts and top-hats like they were fishing after church or something! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif What I wouldn't give to step back and tag along with those guys, they had it down! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Cool photos!

Yes, If you plan on noodling,plan on loosing some skin off you're hands........Thats a gimme!Gloves are for sissies! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My grandpa said he thinks it was around 70. Not sure though. I know the one that tore the skin off his hand was 72 pounds and he got some recognition for that one. Not sure if that is the one in the picture or not.It came from the North River.

Man just think of wrestling a 70 pound flathead out of a hole with your bare hands. I can only imagine. Oh and you can call me a sissy all you want but you wouldnt see me noodling without gloves on. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif At least the first time any ways.

Bad part is i was at the races last night and got a call from my boss. Gotta leave for Lincoln, Nebraska tomorrow at 9 a.m. From there were going to North Dakota then Minnesota. So no noodling for me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Top Bottom