Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fishing

Not sure where in NW Iowa you're talking, but here are a couple of the most reliable I'd recommend...

1) Storm Lake. A bit hit or miss, but some dandy cats in the lake.

2) Little Sioux River. Be a bit of a problem right now due to very high water levels, but it has a bunch of nice catfish in it...as well as walleyes and other species.

Good luck :way:

NWBuck

Not sure where in NW Iowa you're talking, but here are a couple of the most reliable I'd recommend...

1) Storm Lake. A bit hit or miss, but some dandy cats in the lake.

2) Little Sioux River. Be a bit of a problem right now due to very high water levels, but it has a bunch of nice catfish in it...as well as walleyes and other species.

Good luck :way:

NWBuck

What kind of bait for the river?

It's been a couple of years since I've been there, but you can't go wrong with a nightcrawler rigged on a slip sinker in slack water. We used to use frogs too, but obviously a bit tougher to come by. Again, I'd caution against fishing it right now...water way too high. You might try the backwaters near the damn at Linn Grove though. Good luck...glad you found some SL cats :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom