Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Five-bearded tom

kbgibby

Threebeards
Had to share a photo of a buddy's bird from this year's Kansas trip. I didn't get to go because of a flood (sump pump failed) the day we were going to leave.

Shortest of the beards still measured 7"+ and the bird ranked #9 on the all-time Kansas list. (Almost 23 lbs, 1 1/4" spurs, 48"+ of beard.)

3212007_0511Image0077_sized-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get to go because of a flood

[/ QUOTE ]

Flood shmud, the water would have still been there when you got back...
grin.gif

Nice bird love the multiple beards. Shot one with four down near Fredonia, KS a few years back.

thats incredible.....

What a great bird, tell your buddy congrats....

Thats really cool, I didn't know there were birds out there with that many beards. Anyone know what the record is for number of beards? Tell your buddy congrats!

[ QUOTE ]
Thats really cool, I didn't know there were birds out there with that many beards. Anyone know what the record is for number of beards? Tell your buddy congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is 7, can't seem to find a pic or info on it anywhere, but I'm almost 100% sure it is 7 beards.

O yeah, monster bird!! Tell your buddy good job.

KS state record has 7 beards, don't know about national record. Here's a couple pics of the KS state record displayed at Bass Pro here in Olathe. It scored 156 0/8.

05-05-07008.jpg

05-05-07012.jpg

Here is the #1 bird shot.

Hunter's Name: JOHN E. FRYATT
Home State: WI
Species: Eastern (A-Typical)
Harvest Date: Apr 19, 1989
Harvest Location: RICHLAND, WI, USA

Total Score: 194.0000 #1*

Longest Beard: 11.8750" #16*

Beard Total: 70.8750"

Number of Beards: 8

Longest Spur: 1.5000" #7*

Other Spur: 1.5000"

Weight: 22.2500 lbs. #92*

Method of Take: M Firearm

Calls Used: Box, M Diaphragm

I actually got the chance to see this bird the day it was shot. The gentlemen that shot this bird hunts just to the north of us in Southern Iowa. We stopped in to see how they were and they showed us this bird. I have never seen a bird with more than three beards other than in picture so I also have a picture I took. Just wanted to share another picture.

68145_Beard-med.JPG

wow! thats crazy!! i got one with two this year and i thought that was pretty cool. i wouldnt even begin to think about getting one with that many!!!

Top Bottom