Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Flashlight?

OHIOshedder

I'm looking for a good, bright flashlight to keep in my pack for bloodtrailing. I have a small mini-mag lite with LED bulbs that is very bright and good white color beam, but only lights up the area around my feet. I'm looking for a larger (3 or 4 C or D cell type) light that has LED for good white color, but also can cast a beam out to a good distance. There are too many options out there with xenon, and colored LED bulbs not sure which is better....

i have had great luck with the surefire led lights.the one i just bought for my buddy uses lithium batteries but last for 12 hours and is very bright i think it was a GL2 LED it was about 65 dollars.

I went through a bunch of flashlight research last fall and ended up buying a Fenix. Great lights for less $$ than the big names and they're brighter. Tons of videos on youtube about them and others. I got the L2D-Q5 with the red lens for use getting to the stand in the dark.

7_31_08_029.jpg

Plenty of overspill with these lights, great for tracking. Adjustable intensity up to 180 lumens. Pic from my pitch black basement up to the main level door.

7_31_08_030.jpg

Or you can really go crazy and get "The Torch". 4100 lumens, puts out enough heat energy to cook an egg. 15 minute runtime. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The Torch

I've been researching the Fenix lights too and finally settled on the 30D version. Can't wait for it to get here.

thanks

Fenix, for sure.

I was also looking for a good flashlight for hunting and saw Iowabowtechs post last fall. I did the research and saw the videos. I bought the Fenix TK10 and i absolutely love it. Brightest light i have ever owned, just as good a quality as the bigger names, and cheaper too. Very satisfied.

And here I didn't think anybody ever paid attention to my posts, not that I'd necessarily blame them. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The old days of the grossly overpriced pocket lights are over once everybody catches on to these things. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fenix, for sure.</div></div>

I got one for Christams. Great little light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jclaws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where do you buy fenix lights </div></div>

Fenix Store

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jclaws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where do you buy fenix lights </div></div>

I got mine here:

http://www.lighthound.com/

The fellas over on the candlepower forums talked very highly of this outfit and based on my experience, I'd have to agree. They even threw in a keychain LED in the order for free.

Top Bottom