flashlights

I have a surefire e2e and love it. plenty bright and battery life is really pretty good. the batteries aren't that expensive I bought a 12 pack 2 years ago for like 20 bucks still have 2 left. My scorpion lite uses same type but really prefer surefire. hope that helps.

JNRBRONC,

I don't like LED's for an actual flash light. I have a petzel tikka headlamp that is LED that I love for just getting to my tree and hanging my stand but it is worthless when I actually want to see something in the dark. I like regular light where I can shine 90-100 yards. I can see blood much better with regular light compared to LED's. It doesn't seem like I can see as well and the light fades too fast with LED's. Maybe my eyes are different but when it comes to actual flash light, I won't own another LED. I have owned quite a few because I like the extended batterly life with LED's but they just don't get the job done for me. It's a personal preference, that is all.

Well I got the Fenix today. Gotta say I love it:

This gives a good idea of size. The red lens was $5 extra. Perfect for not spooking game.
7_31_08_029.jpg

This gives a pretty good idea of what 180 lumens looks like. Shining down from basement up to main floor in pitch darkness. 13 steps up. Pics of light never do it justice but you can tell it's gotta heckuva punch to it.
7_31_08_030.jpg

The whole bit cost me $65 including shipping. Light included a nylon holster and Lighthound also threw in a keychain LED. I'm really thinking these are a great alternative for those of us that have champagne tastes with a beer budget.

I have the cheap $40 surefire and love it. I'm not a fan of LED's for tracking or when you want real light but they are great on batteries and in a pinch. I have a Petzel Tikka headlamp that's LED and I got a LED conversion for one of my mini-mag lights. I do love the output of the surefire though. Just buy a case of batteries!!

Where all can you buy the Fenix Lights. Do any of the big chain stores carry the lights. Somebody said that Midway arms might carry them. Just Curious.

Man, I don't really know about the large chain stores. During my research I kept ending up over at the candlepower forums and a lot of people recommended lighthound.com so I went that route. Had a great experience with them.

Jason, When we were at Boar Ridge did you see the one that David lent me for a night rig it was hands down the best I have had my hands on and rightfully so with the hefty price tag. It was the Surefire M4 Devastator it will be in my pack one of these days. I do see they have brighter but this was awesome the way it was.
Buck Hallow can get these at a very good price. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Surefire M4 Devastator

Travis,
I do remember that one, just seems like to much to spend on a light. But that thing was unreal!

Back