Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletch clearing cable problems

boacephus

Gear:
06 Tribute, lovin it thanks Matt
Whisker biscuit rest.

Dilema:
I like shooting the blazers, they have worked well for me, but they don't clear the cable(whisker biscuit cock vane has to be at 12:00). I fletched a few with 3" Quickspins they shoot just fine, but I don't see a significant difference and hate spending twice as much on vanes.

Remedies:
I know I can shot Quickspins, I know I could switch rests. Looking for other options though, I like full containment rests(I will switch to a Drop nest year but the wife is already whining about the bow, lol). Can I trim just a hair off of the blazers(anyone tried that). Anyone know of other options for cable slides that hold the cable closer to the...the a..um the cable slide bar thingy.

Thanks in advance

I had the same issues with my 06 Allegiance and your remedy is to NOT CUT your blazers, go spend $15 and get a Saunders Hyper Glide, that pulls your cables closer to the cable rod and you will have no more issues

Here is a link so you know what I am talkn about
Hyper Glide

your shooting a bisquit. just turn your nock. so that its not out. lots of people shoot cock feather out.

The Saunders slide should solve any contact problems.

I see lots of people shooting cock vane out through a whisker biscuit and I always tell them to turn the cock vane to 11 or 12 o'clock.

The bottom bristles on the biscuit are tougher than the rest and I don't like to send a vane through them. I have definitely seen a change in accuracy in doing so. Just my .02

you defiately don't want to run a vane through those black bristles. if you have one of the early biscuits, you can turn your nock

[ QUOTE ]
you defiately don't want to run a vane through those black bristles. if you have one of the early biscuits, you can turn your nock

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgot about those. it will screw ur arrow flight but just dont turn it that far.

Thanks gents. I had already tried turning my knock, just couldn't sqeek it by. I suppose I already knew the answer to my question, new cable slide. I just knew someone on here had already had the same problem and knew exactly which slide would solve the problem. Have one on the way, thanks again.

Top Bottom