Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletching carbons

kelcher

Do any of you carbon shooters do any of your own fletching? I've heard it's nearly impossible, do you just need to have a special adhesive? I'm thinking about switching to carbons, but I like to be able to repair my own arrows and set them up the way I like them.

I have been using gold tips.They are easy to fletch.I wipe the shafts down with alcohol and use a fast set gel by easton or arizona archery.This has been working great for me.
Good Hunting, Mottspur

I make all my arrows from scratch.I order bare shafts and take it from there;including cutting,dipping,cresting and chopping my own shield cut feathers.I only use carbon arrows.To prepare your shafts for fletching you can either wipe them down with alcohol or use prep rite shaft conditioner from Bohning.Nothing beats a well made,tuned striaght shooting homemade arrow.Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I may switch over for the fall of 2003. You've taken away some of my concerns.

Kelcher, started shooting carbons last year (goldtip) I fletch my own and I use a double sided adhesive tape. I works extremely well and there is no set time for them. You can quickly do a dozen arrows in less than an hour. Have no problems with the tape in the rain either.

Top Bottom