Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletching Tool Recommendations

S

SmokingArrow

I want to get a fletching clamp tool to be able to fletch or repair my own arrows this year. Anyone have any tips on which one to get? I see the Arixona Fletching Tool is able to fletch 3 at once or I could get a metal single clamp tool. I don't want to get the most expensive one but one that will last and work well over the years. Is the Arizona Fletching Tool a good one?

I would go with the Bitzenburger jig myself...it does take longer to fletch a dozen but the precision is unmatched by its competitors.....my opinion anyways

bitzenburger all the way for me. i have used the arizona ez fletchers but prefer the Bitz.

If you are just wanting to do your own I would reccomend the Grayling jig. Very similar to the Bitz but half the price (made of plastic). Very simple to use for around $30. I have mine mounted to a chunk of 5/8" plywood and hang it from peg board out of the way when not in use. I have tried the Jojan as well.....it's a good one but to much overkill for me.

also mine is about 4 years old still going strong. With the Fast Set Gel from AAE you can leave it on the jig for a few seconds and by the time you have the next vane in the "other" clamp your ready to rotate the arrow and add another vane. The feathers are what takes a good chunk of time to dry.
So the benefit of a multiple arrow jig is really not a big concern of mine.

I would go with Bitzenburger. I love mine very precise!
waytogo.gif

Rudd what do you mean overkill? I was thinking of trying either a Jo jan or Grayling to try fletching my own.

Sorry, I meant a multiple jig station. The JoJan I had was a 6 arrow......my head was spinning trying to keep them straight. The Jojan single is a good one, I fletch a maximum of 6 arrows at a setting.....if I ran a shop I could see the benefits of a larger production facility...but me only .....I can fletch 6 arrows easily in under 30 minutes with my double Grayling set-up.....and I am no pro.

Thanks guys. I am basically interested in repairing my arrows but would love to eventually start making my own arrows sometime down the road but love the idea of fixing my own arrows. I have seen all of the models you guys have spoken of I think but wasnt sure if there was much difference in performance. I was wondering about the tools made of plastic concerning precision holding ability and placement with plastic components. I would like to consider the Grayling if it works well since it is much more affordable and wont be fletching multiple probably at this point in my career until later on perhaps.

Top Bottom