Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fletchings

BDAHMS

Be here Now
I have multiple arrows where the fletching has curled - which should make the arrow not fly true obviously- can I take them into Bass pro or somewhere and have them re-fletched or is it just better to get new arrows?

Buy an Arizona EZ Fletch mini $45 (Mini for blazers) , create a custom wrap online of anything of your liking. Strip your old labels glue and fletchings using acetone. Roll wrap on, super glue new fletchings on. Custom arrows you can fix and make yourself .

Refletch your arrows, don't buy new unless you want different arrows. Taking to a pro shop is a good way, or do it yourself as the last guy stated. They also make some heat wrap fletching that you just use boiling water that works really well.

I took mine to JAX in Ames. They did a great job for a really reasonable price in my opinion. Got them back the next day.

Refletch your arrows, don't buy new unless you want different arrows. Taking to a pro shop is a good way, or do it yourself as the last guy stated. They also make some heat wrap fletching that you just use boiling water that works really well.

I had a couple that the fletching was coming off, so I just stripped all the fletchings and went with the NAP heat wrap fletchings. I used Twister vanes, but I'm sure they have others and there are probably other brands as well. I like the white wrap which makes the arrows stand out a little better when trying to find them (my arrows originally had the fletchings glued directly to the black shaft). Very easy and quick to use. Just hold in place on the arrow and dip into boiling water for about 30 seconds or so. Been using those arrows for a couple of years and haven't had any problem with the fletchings yet. Just a couple broken arrows.

I had a couple that the fletching was coming off, so I just stripped all the fletchings and went with the NAP heat wrap fletchings. I used Twister vanes, but I'm sure they have others and there are probably other brands as well. I like the white wrap which makes the arrows stand out a little better when trying to find them (my arrows originally had the fletchings glued directly to the black shaft). Very easy and quick to use. Just hold in place on the arrow and dip into boiling water for about 30 seconds or so. Been using those arrows for a couple of years and haven't had any problem with the fletchings yet. Just a couple broken arrows.

Agreed. Can't get much easier than that. I have been using these for a few years and they are great...and relatively cheap.

I have to ask why the fletching is curled. Are they old arrows or is the fletching hitting something on your bow? On my DXT I have to turn the cockvane horizontal (pointing towards my left arm) or the fletching will hit the cable and make the arrow not fly straight.

Just something to consider.

Top Bottom