Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Florida 8 Pointer

pirate_06_00

Got into the tree about 0545 and the temp was about 45 degrees with the wind out of the west. At 0630 had a little doe come out in front of me within 20 yards and as she turned to the right she smelled where I had killed one the previous evening. She did not like that a bit and she was gone faster than whe came in. At 0645 this 8 pointer came in behind me and when I tried to get up and turn around it either saw me or heard me and froze looking my direction. I was motionless in a semi-crouching position for what seemed like forever. As he turned around I stood up and he heard me this time and I got him stopped quartering away from me going up the hill. When I put him in the scope I had enough time to exhale and pull the trigger. I looked to see where he went cause I didn't see him drop and could not locate him. I finally grabbed my binos and saw a small part of his leg right where I shot him. Didn't realize it was that thick where he was. He's not too bad for a Florida deer, guesstimated he weighed around 140 live weight. What a way to end the gun season though.

3055MVC-006S-med.JPG

Congrats
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom