Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fly-fishers?

Gladiator

PMA Member
Has anyone been up to NE Iowa trout fishing recently? I was wanting to take a trip up to Waukon and fish Waterloo Creek but didn't know how stream water levels were.

Any info would be awesome...and maybe there are other streams open that would work as well. Thanks!!

I live less than an hour from Decorah (in MN)and the streams here are looking very good. A little off-color, but levels/flows are nice. I don't mind a little stain to the water, especially as summer progresses. Hope you catch some if you go!

We floated the Upper Iowa from Kendalville to Bluffton the other day. Got skunked. Water moved a bit fast, but it was still nice. I could not believe how cold the water was. I have heard of other people doing well. Good Luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Go to "fishing reports" for stream conditions.

Fish Decorah </div></div>

That's me on their website. Sportsmen's Unlimited in Waukon. Trout fishing conditions are perfect right now. Waterloo is good to go as long as theres still fish in it J/K. Waterloo, Bear, Patterson, Silver, French, Paint, there's guys getting fish out of all of them.

Should be fun to go out and find all the new holes. Every stream up here has changed drastically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That's me on their website. </div></div>

I was wondering that.

Top Bottom