Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fob?

bricehibbing

I found these FOB's (Fletchings Only Better) on the internet http://www.starrflight.com/ they are supposed to reduce crosswind drift. I noticed it would not work at all for a wisker biscuit but on a shot the arrow goes into the deer and the FOB and knok fall of together and just drop so you have a spot to start tracking. I got most of the info off of youtube FOBvsFletching. I have never heard of them at all was was just wondering if anyone out there has anything to say about them. Im interested to see what everyone thinks good or bad.

Haven't tried them but they look gimmicky to me. There's been eleventy zillion threads on them at Archerytalk. Enough reading to keep you busy until 2011. One thought I had when I first saw them is..what if the arrow passes through? Seems like it'd be hard to find with no fletching on it.

I can see where the crosswind thing might be a considering factor for western plains hunts where they take LONG shots out in the wide and windy open. Whole different ballgame out there that defies all we know and do here. But for the 10-30 yard shots I take, I'm thinking not so much. Again though, haven't tried them. Just going off deductions from talking to others and seeing a bunch of vids on them.

Isnt it just easy to mark a landmark in your brain and then find the spot where u shot after you get out of the stand. Just seems to me like so many things could go wrong with them that they arent worth it. And usually you have pass through so you can just start at your arrow

I looked at them last spring a bit. Not for me, I dont have anything wrong with what standard fletchings. They cant be any better than standard fletchings for hunting/target or the professionals would shoot them.

Isnt it just easy to mark a landmark in your brain and then find the spot where u shot after you get out of the stand.
Just seems to me like so many things could go wrong with them that they arent worth it.
It may not be as easy as you think. Shooting out into a field with nothing to mark, shooting in the woods from the ground where you may not be able to see where exactly the deer was standing, Waiting till after dark to get out of your stand are all sure ways to lose/mistake landmarks.

usually you have pass through so you can just start at your arrow

I have shot several deer at 30+yards and never found the arrow becuase it will bury itself somewhere on the other side of the animal.

I have shot them quite a bit and they shoot great. I used to practice out to 60 yards with them. I think they do shoot better in high crosswinds too. I never actually used them hunting because I shot most of them up with tight groups. The other reason was it took some getting used to as far as an anchor point goes. They brushed up against your lip. It could almost be used as a kisser button but I just couldn't get used to it with a face mask on.

I actually think they would be great for pass through shots. Half the time I can't even find my arrow with the fletchings on it. It would be great because the FOB falls off at the point of impact and WALLA that is exactly where the deer was standing. The FOB marks the trail. It makes it dang easy.

If you posted this on AT somebody would probably send you some to test.

Also, the owner of the company gives them away occasionally over there, odd colors and such, but good enough for testing.

Top Bottom