Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Foggy pics

Youngbuck1030

Bowhunter
Hey guys,
I keep getting foggy pictures due to the humidity and don't know how to fix it. Somebody please help. Only night photos show clearly. Phone it can be fixed. Thanks

Ahhh, the Barbara Walters effect...a misty camera! :D Hopefully one of your bucks is as old as she is! :D

A couple of thoughts...I have had the best success pointing trail cameras due north. What is right under your camera? Some areas hold dew more than others, maybe you could reposition your camera to an area that is "higher" and/or more open to winds/breezes.

Check your camera well too, make sure there are no openings which could let moisture in...or ants...don't ask me how I know that one. :D

If it is rain or heavy dew causing it, then maybe build a simple little "house" for your camera. I had to do that for one a few years ago that must not have been as tightly sealed up as it should have been. So I took three pieces of barnboard and made a little hut that kept rain off of the top of the cam and voila...problem solved.

Top Bottom