Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot and bedding area all in one

Swarm

Last May I worked up about a half acre of ground in a bottom area near a creek. After it was plowed i let it sit for 2 weeks then went in a sprayed what came back up with Roundup. A week later i broadcast planted Sweet Spot mix and then dragged it real good with a harrow. The food plot came in real thick and lush and after 6 weeks i thought i must have gotten most of the Switchgrass and giant foxtail with the roundup. During the period between the end of June and the end of July, the Switchgrass and Foxtail came on like gangbusters but the clover, brassicas and HSG perennial rye are still doing well under the taller volunteer grasses. I was out at the plot yesterday and was amazed at the number of trails and beds in this plot. I think i've created a real oasis for the deer. Kinda feel sorry for them...NOT!

Welcome to IW! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Sounds like we'll be seeing a harvest pic from that sweet spot soon! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom