Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plot setup pictures

droptine37

Life Member
I thought it would be neat to show off some pictures from your stands overlooking some of these food plots we all put in. I will start it off with some of our setups. Even with the bad drought I think we have our best plots yet. This is our 4 th year doing plots and thru trial and error we are starting to get the hang of it. A little help from dbltree every now and then sure helps.

image-1624723227.jpg

This is a pic from a great stand over looking our main corn plot. It's a great setup on the plot for both wind direction and concealment. This was the first year we ever had deer actually eat our corn plants before they had time to mature. They were looking for moisture and walked down the rows and center punched the tassels right out of a lot of the corn. I had a lot of people tell me that those plants would not produce an ear but thankfully nearly every plant shot an ear and our pollination was really good.

image-3043538798.jpg

This is a pic from our stand overlooking the plot that was supposed to be beans until I killed the whole plot with a heavy dose of roundup by accident. Needless to say my mistake might end up being a blessing because the weather has been great and this fall mix looks great. We just over seeded it this week with rye so any bare areas should fill in nicely before the first frost.

image-2329892665.jpg

This stand overlooks a nice plot that is surrounded by second year crp that seems to be doing great. Deer seem to really like feeding in this plot for some reason. I think they feel secure in it because of the grass surrounding it. Every year we put beans in this spot the browse pressure always seems to be higher on this plot. I would expect this stand to be a great late season setup.

image-908760925.jpg

With about 60 acres of crp then another 100 or so of tillable we have a need for something we can setup in certain areas where trees aren't available. Our land borders one of the biggest camp grounds in the country and most of our deer live between our place And the camp ground. Deer have really gotten used to people and living next to campers but makes no mistake they know when the cross the fence. Our newest portable blind should be useful for our property. It will also be a great place to take the young kids hunting. Can't wait to see the final product. We still have some work to do.

So let's see your setups.

My advice. Put a harness on!! I see so many people posting pics 20 ft up a tree, not tied off to anything. Anything can happen. I'd much rather enjoy that foodplot this fall from the stand then laying in a hospital bed. Or worse yet. Do what ya want but all it takes is one equipment malfunction, a hornet sting, a mis-step and your on the ground. Tree stand accidents are 99 percent preventable. Yet somebody will meet their maker this fall by taking a one way trip to the ground.
Plots look great. Stands look great. Slap a harness on and kill a big one this fall

...Our land borders one of the biggest camp grounds in the country and most of our deer live between our place And the camp ground. Deer have really gotten used to people and living next to campers but makes no mistake they know when the cross the fence. Our newest portable blind should be useful for our property...

You should make your next blind out of an old camper...they will never see it coming! :D

Top Bottom