Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food Plot

L

Littlefeather

I hunt in NE Iowa between Waukon and Decorah. My uncle has two farms, one with some timber between a bedding area and corn/alphalpha fields, the other cattle land which is all grazed. I is a big ridgeline that the bucks use during the rut. My uncle put in 16 acres of corn in the valley downhill from my stand on the neighbors land. The whole area on both farms is bedding and food. On the ridge, there is about a 20 acre field that I thought about putting a food plot in. With the amount of food in the area, will it make a difference. Has anyone else put in plots where there is an abundance of food and had success?

Yes, it will make a diffrence. In your post it sounded like you were thinking about a hunting plot wich is very effective if planned correctly. The plot must be planted of the correct crop and be planted at the right time to be the hot crop at the time of the hunt. Also planting plots to mature throughout the season gives the herd highly nutricient, highly digestible food sources to maximize body, antler devlopment, and overall improved heard health.

Top Bottom