Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plots

I just planted 3 this weekend. All are turnip or brassica blends. I have had the best luck planting those kinds of plots in late July.

Is it to late to get a food plot in the ground? Northwest iowa.

Totally not too late. Right now is prime time to plant brassicas so you still have time to get that done and the best time to plant cereal grains like rye is still a month away. I would strongly recommend reading through the classic threads in Dbltree's Corner, there you will find all kinds of first class advice on food plots and habitat management.

Totally not too late. Right now is prime time to plant brassicas so you still have time to get that done and the best time to plant cereal grains like rye is still a month away. I would strongly recommend reading through the classic threads in Dbltree's Corner, there you will find all kinds of first class advice on food plots and habitat management.

Thanks daver! I didn't think so but I am just getting into it and knew someone would have an answer for me!

Top Bottom