Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food sources

Deere1

Just wondering what people have been seeing for activity around food plots and picked fields? With the weather being so warm has the deer activity been any good? Have not had time to check cameras. What a weird late season.

when we had a brief cold snap with highs in the 20's and lows near zero with snow on the ground the deer were in our bean food plots. Now that the furnace is turned up they are not going to the beans but to the clover and brassica plots. It seems when warm they want the greens and when it is cold and snow on the ground they go to beans and standing corn.

i have been hunting standing corn and nothing but my buddy is hunting ripped corn fields and hes been see them there....

i have been hunting standing corn and nothing but my buddy is hunting ripped corn fields and hes been see them there....

believe it or not im seeing the same thing, All my deer are going to chisel plowed corn fields when there are food plots but a couple hundred yards away!

From what I have witnessed and been told the deer are hitting beans over corn right now if both are available.

They are piling into my standing beans/winter rye plot every evening. Its more about location than acutal food tho IMO.

They are used to feeding in this location and feel safe there.

Top Bottom