Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Foodplots

iowabow8484

Just wondering want is easy to grow and is effective for oct,nov,dec time frame? We plant corn and soybeans for late nov and dec also we plant alfalfa for summer and early oct. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck planting "big n beasty" or "last bite"? or even just a brassica, tried them in the past and it just seems like it gets weedy and nothing grow. We alway have deer on the farm early and late but have a hard time holding them through late oct and nov.

Also thinking about using trophy rocks after the season. Any luck with those?

Just wondering want is easy to grow and is effective for oct,nov,dec time frame? We plant corn and soybeans for late nov and dec also we plant alfalfa for summer and early oct. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck planting "big n beasty" or "last bite"? or even just a brassica, tried them in the past and it just seems like it gets weedy and nothing grow. We alway have deer on the farm early and late but have a hard time holding them through late oct and nov.

Yes, I like Big and Beasty and I have tried Last Bite, both are very good mixes!

Check out Doubletree's posts on Brassica's and how he does it. It works amazing. Its better that buying premixed bags off the shelf.

Saturday evening I had many deer feeding actively in everything that Dbltree advocates. Some were crunching GHFR radishes so loud I could hear them from 30 yards away, others were grazing the nearby clover, while others were in the rye/oats/peas mix. Actually, most of them spent some time in all three areas over about a 90 minute period.

So I would read up in the Dbltree Corner! :grin:

Top Bottom