Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

? for lone wolf users

Fulldrw

Just out of curiosity who uses the v-bracket to attach their lone wolf hang on to the tree or the hook method? If you use the hook method do you have other trees ready so that all you have to do is "hook on"?

I hunt on a day to day basis, carry everything in and out. Granted, I've only had the Lone Wolf Alpha one season. With all the stand theft that goes on, I doubt I will be leaving steps and straps on multiple trees.

I use the V bracket as well. I also carry every bit of equipment in and out to prevent theft.

I hang mine everyday, I use the hook, no point in having the stand if you don't in my opinion
grin.gif

I'm a "hooker" too......um....wait that didn't come out right.
blush.gif

Hunted this past season from a treestand for the first time. Packed the Lone Wolf in and out each time and always used the hook. I don't pre-hang hooks becuase it only take a couple more seconds to put one around the tree and it saves my straps from having to be exposed to UV light for the duration of the season.

I've only been using my Alpha for part of one season but I love it. I use the "batwing" and the hook and it seems to work fine. You just have to leave a little slack in the hook strap when you do it this way, then tighten it up after hanging the stand.
To me the hook is half the advantage of the LW. I went a little nuts this year and bought 3 boxes of screw-in steps and plan to prep a bunch of trees so that I dont have to haul and install the sticks every time though.

TP that is the info I was hoping someone would post. I just did two seat conversions and was wondering if the hook would work with the lower profile batwing(short of Racks conversion kit). I personally find it pretty easy to swing the strap around the tree and hook the versa button but my sons don't care for it and the hook should be just bit safer. The way I see it I always use two sprapes to hold my sticks to the stand and if the hook is in our packs we can decide each time out which method is best until one or the other settle into a comfort zone.

I guess I havent even tried hanging it without the hook, but like you said I imagine it wouldnt be too hard. However, using two straps really makes that stand super solid. Lately I have been using the hook and the lower versa-button and that seems to really lock it down. Even if I dont get the top strap (w/ the hook) tight enough for the batwing to maintain contact with the tree the stand remains rock solid. I can't say that for my Gorrilas.

[ QUOTE ]
I use the "batwing" and the hook and it seems to work fine. You just have to leave a little slack in the hook strap when you do it this way, then tighten it up after hanging the stand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the seat kit for my stand too and the with the Batwing it seems to work well either way with no conversion needed. The new batwing is lower profile which makes it possible to attach the hook as long as there's a liitle slack like T-Pig said. I love the extra room with the new seat, not that I needed it or anything.
crazy.gif

Rudd - doesn't the hook hit you in the back when you are sitting? I just finished making one of those and was able to make it short enough to keep the hook at the same level as the top of the seat post. It was difficult to do that short, but it works. Maybe it doesn't poke you and I wasted that time?

nope not yet. the image used was from Rack. I have not tried it yet with the new bat wing bracket. Also, there's 2 d's in Rudd.....to many get confused and then people start calling me Pud.

[ QUOTE ]
I love the extra room with the new seat, not that I needed it or anything.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I needed it.
grin.gif

Hi Pudd
busted.gif

Top Bottom