Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

For those of you in southern Iowa

I'm kind of worried about one of my food plots that was planted Sept. 1st on a gentle side slope. The seed was packed but with all the rain were getting I'm fearing that all my seed washed away. Someone reasure me that aint happening!!!! STEVE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steveolson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm kind of worried about one of my food plots that was planted Sept. 1st on a gentle side slope. The seed was packed but with all the rain were getting I'm fearing that all my seed washed away. Someone reasure me that aint happening!!!! STEVE </div></div>

Here in the SE corner we have had between 6-10" of rain depending on where you live. Basments and even areas in small towns have been flooded.

Low fields were under water yesterday but not today so water is receding quickly in low lying areas.

The rains came nice and steady with brief downpours so I haven't noticed to much erosion as one gets with violent T-storms. The ground once wet allowed rains to soak in rather then run off in a torrent.

If you have "surface erosion" then the seeds and soil are gone but if the soil is there...so are your seeds. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom