Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

For those spraying round up on clover plots?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Read dbltree's clover thread. It gives some rates in there. Without looking 10 oz does sound reasonable, maybe up to half a quart even. That thread will surely have info.

LC is mixing 6-8oz per acre of 53% gly. I assume the 53% gly is a little stronger than the normal 41%. Therefore you could probably get away with a little more per acre when using 41%.

I sprayed my clover plots the 3rd week of May with my BP sprayer. I used 5-6oz of cleth/ 2.5-3oz 41% gly/ and 5oz of crop oil.

I have never officially calibrated my BP sprayer, but I am fairly confident I can get somewhere in the .3 acre range knowing how big my plots are from previous sprayings. I am going down the 18th so hopefully I don't find my clover nuked lol.

LC told me in a pm it takes nearly 64 oz (2 quarts) per acre to kill clover. I wouldn't think 8-10 oz would burn it too bad. Especially if you are spraying in May/early june when rains are prevalent.

ED spinn says you can spray 1 quart (32 oz) per acre on established clover and not kill it.

I'm by no means an expert, but I would not go above a pint per acre. I believe a pint 16oz. Since LC has experimented with the 6-8oz ratio I would stick with that personally.

Top Bottom