Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Found Him! 2nd Bow Buck Ever!

FormulaLT1Power

Seen this guy a few weeks ago...walked right to me, stopped 21 yards, and would not turn! Had no shot on him, and he walked away.

Fast forward to 11/18/2012. At 4:30pm I was grunting hard and heard a lot of noise coming from some pines. About 4:50 I hear branches breaking, etc (he was making 2 fresh scrapes. Around 4:59, he showed himself at 22 yards quartering towards me! I took the shot, and thought it was a good one. 5:20 I climb down, and find my arrow, has some light pinkish blood, brown and white hair, and some green/brown smelly slime. Complete pass through, no blood trail for 20 yards...and it's getting dark we decide to back out and wait until the next day. I come on here seeking help: http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45073

Got off work at 11:45 today and drove down to the stand. Start by looking again where I had shot him. I'm on my hands and knees etc, can't find anything. After awhile I decide to go walk around, and look in a near by ditch...nothing. I turn and walk towards this high grass...and there he is! About 50 yards from my stand, and 20 yards from where we had last looked! Looks like I had a perfect shot through the heart, hit a rib, and destroyed some gut before exiting.

He's by no means an Iowa giant, but he's my 2nd bow buck ever! Thanks again for all the help! I'm going to Euro Mount him...any ideas what he might score (I know not a lot).

deer1.jpg

Last edited:
Great buck! It's not about the size. It's about the hunt and respect for the animal. If he was mine I would happy happy happy ....

Congrats! I'm still hoping to find cloud nine! Had some looks at a nice one at 53yrds but I just dont like taking that length of shot. Although my hunting partner took a shot at him from 47yrds and i wasn't impressed. I let him know. No reason to injure a healthy deer.

Funny sometimes a perfect shot still leaves questions when you climb down from the stand, been there! Good buck, glad you found him!

Awesome, glad you found him! Score is never fair to 8-pointers, but he sure is pretty!

Congrats!
:way:

Congrats! Next time remember.He was coming toward you!! He would probably have give you a better shot!! :way: Been there done that!!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom