Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Found velvet!!

codywright

TENRINGER
Well a friend and I were out checking cams and scouting when we noticed a rub and a ground scrape on a pond damn so we investigated a bit because I said I bet there is blood on that tree from his velvet. There sure was and also a very generous peice of it was laying right there. We couldn't have been far behind him because it was very fresh. I would assume within a few hours because I just fiured that stuff dries up very fast. It was still wet and plieable. Probably one of the coolest finds I ever been a part of.
velvet2011.jpg

Oh no! Now we are going to have another forum to check...the velvet forum. :D That is a neat find though. :way:

That is cool. Must have been pretty fresh. I would imagine the bugs gobble that stuff up pretty fast.

The stuff is very cool. The best way to describe it is, it looks and feels like mink fur almost. I would say the hairs are almost a 1/4 inch on the velvet. We could see where the buck walked that morning because we got a pic on the trail cam of him so we followed his tracks in the grass, when he walked he took all the dew off the grass so we followed them and the tree and velvet is what he led us too before he went into the corn field. Kinda have an idea of his travel route I guess you could say.

Top Bottom