Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

franchi

I-12 is intertia driven, like the benelli guns, and stoegers. should be a good gun, if the deal is right, i wouldn't be afraid to own one

my wife loves hers however she only pulls the trigger once or twice a season(turkeys) so she hasn't had to worry about follow up shots. I have used it for a backup waterfowl gun and it has had problems cycling after the initial shot. I have a SBE and clean both the same and I have not had any problem with the sbe, but can't get the franci to cycle dependably. I think it is the gun as my other inertia frachi(bought 25 years ago is a dependable machine)

Good luck with your choice.

Benelli owns Franchi and Stoeger, unfortunately they don't seem to have the same quality. I have never seen a Franchi that didn't have cycling issues. FWIW

DoubleDropTines said:
I have the stoeger m3500 and have not had any issues yet.

How long have you had it and how many rounds have you put in it?

On the i-12 I had heard a lot of problems with them not cycling. I was going to buy a brand new one for $700. Im realy starting to believe to (what you pay for it what you get in a shotgun). I've heard lots of bad stuff with other guns like stoeger 2000, 3500, and franchi. I very rarely hear anything wrong with benelli or remington. Still looking at the 11-87 sportmans edition.

I have also had a franchi for about 25 years. It is a model 48AL or something like that?? An inertia gun. The only times I had issues with it cycling is when I have the spring's friction ring in the wrong position. You are supposed to flip it for light vs. heavy loads.

I have an I-12 and have not had 1 problem. I have only shot heavy shells with it. My opinion with semi autos, they like some shells and hate others. Sometimes they need to be broke in and use lots of oil

I haven't had my m3500 that long but have shot a couple hundred rounds through it with out one glitch. Before I shot it the first thing I did was take it apart and spray it down with gun scrubber from birchwood casey. I was told to keep these guns dry (oil free) and they will work great. Mine has no lube on the action at all. I shoot mainly 3 inch dead coyote rounds through mine.

I was told you cannot get a slug barrel for for the Franchi. That ruled it out for me. I went with the Remington 1187 Sportsman. Great gun and with the rifled slug barrel and scope I am pretty confident out to 150 yds.

Top Bottom