Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Freaking doe tags!

Doubleaarc hery

Does anyone know the rules on these? I thought it was unlimited if your quota was not filled! I currently have 10 antlerless Bow tags. I was looking to purchase a couple more and some first season gun anterless tags. It does not show it as an option on the website and walmart and Kmart both couldn't get it to issue me one. What the heck is the deal. My county has nearly 1000 tags remaining.

So is there a limit?

Help!!

Thanks!

It kind of seems to be a recurring theme. People not being able to get tags, but it shows them as being available. I'm not sure whats up with that. Man, you must really be planning to put the hurting on some does. Did you shoot that many last year?

Try only buying two on one type of license at a time, meaning if you want 6 bow antlerless bow tags for Black Hawk county, buy them two at a time. Yeah, kind of a hassle.

As to the shotgun doe tag, you have to have a valid any sex tag for that season (first or second) to buy one. Don't know if you already have your shotgun tag or not.

Again, buy in twos is what Willie Suchy told me.

I try to shoot alot of them. Only shot 7 last year, but was hoping to shoot a few more this year.

Randy, for some reason, I don't have the option of buying antlerless tags. It only lets me try to buy another statewide(which I would gladly do) but when I try that option it comes up as "tag duplication"....

Hmmm... guess I'll wait till monday to get the run aroudn from the DNR office!

Willie said that the new system will fix these problems. I sure hope so cause it sure stinks to have to make multiple trips to buy tags!

Hey Andy, I'll bet they were using the wrong code for the antlerless tag. There are several codes for them to choose from. When I got mine I had to look at the codes and tell them which one it was. I already had the first antlerless and it would not allow them to sell me another. There is another code for all other antlerless licenses after the first one that gets you the cheaper price. But it will only sell you the one at the full price.

Since when did they start making you buy an any sex tag for the shotgun seasons? I havent bought one for the past 4 years but have been able to "only" buy doe tags. I save my buck tag for late muzzle season.

Biggest Buck,
You might be right on that. What I am sure of is that there is no way for somebody to buy shotgun tags that would allow them to hunt both seasons (except landowner tags).

Well, here is where it stands now. I have 7 archery tags coming my way, but much to my surprise when I checked my account yesterday afternoon, I noticed a few extra charges....

Turns out, even though the website was saying communication error they were still going through. SO I spent most of yesterday afternoon on the phone with DNR and the computer people who run the site. Needless to say I was unhappy when I had almost 600 bucks come out of my account and almost 50 doe tags on their way to me!

They say my money should be back in a couple of days, but I was somewhat unhappy....... but it seems to be resolved.. Hope I get my mula back soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL

I'd be single again if I spent 600 more dollars on tags! </div></div>

Not a bad problem to have this time of year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL

I'd be single again if I spent 600 more dollars on tags! </div></div>

Is that all it takes? Hmmm.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Originally Posted By: DoubleaarcheryLOL

I'd be single again if I spent 600 more dollars on tags!

Is that all it takes? Hmmm..... </div></div>

So why did you pay me in cash? I know she knows about $56 in tags at sportsmans, but what about the treestands?

biggest bucks, you probalby have to have your late muzzle tag bought, before you can buy your doe tags for shotgun.

That does not work either. I have my late season muzzleloader tag and it still isn't letting the anterless shotgun print.

Top Bottom