Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fred Bear truth 2 bow

vrod

Does anyone have any info on these?I read a few places the cam on the truth 1 was tearing up the string.I would like to check one out,but not if there is still a cam/string issue.

Don't know about the truth 2 my friend has a truth 1 and it's loud and heavy. Makes a terrible thud twang when he shoots. I wouldn't buy one. Not sure about the string.

I thought that both the Truth one and 2 shot pretty nice.

I never thought the truth was loud by any means.

It was a heck of a bow for $550 in my opinion.

I really hated the grip on it though.

I also hate the new rubber grip.....

I don't know what they were thinking on that one????

Overall though, I thought they both were pretty good shooters..

I would rather pony up the extra $150 and get a Mathews, Hoyt, PSE,Bowtech, etc.... personally.

I agree with Nacho spend a little more.(Hoyt) Maybe my buddy has a bad set up but it makes a distinctive noise when he shoots.

I have a Reflex now,but looking at new technology for a cheaper price.I been told you get a lot of bang for your buck with the new fred bear line-up.Just not sure about cam/string problems.I might go back to pse, just don't want to break the bank.With my new career,I don't have the time to shoot as much as I use to.My bow is only 3 years old,but with a 6 3/8 brace height it is not forgiving to bad form.(which is me now)I want to get a 7" brace to help me out a little.Although I will miss the fact that with speed of my currnt bow I used the first pin to 30 yds.

Try to go to your local Archery shop and shot as many different types of bows that you can.
That will be the only way to find what you really like.
I'm a big fan of the fred bear line up, and know a few that do have the Truth 2 and love it.
There were a few problems with the Truth 1 going through the first sting, but when you bought a quality string after that, it lasted the normal time.
Plus the truth 2 comes with winners choice strings.

My brother just purchased his 1st bow and went with a lower end Fred Bear that does seem to be a strong bow for the money. I have also read some reviews/opinions lately that have been very impressed with the upgraded Truth 2, as I said however these are opinions.

Like Rev said I would shoot as many as possible and choose what fits you the best, good luck with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know about the truth 2 my friend has a truth 1 and it's loud and heavy. Makes a terrible thud twang when he shoots. I wouldn't buy one. Not sure about the string. </div></div>

That bow must have been terribly out of tune, because my buddy bought one off Ebay that I setup for him and it shoots really nice. Sure...it's a touch louder than other stock bows that I've shot, but throw an STS on it and it wouldn't be that far behind. He's shooting it very well.

Top Bottom