Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Friday Morning Action

hotshott2289

Been plenty busy these last couple of days so I'm just getting around to posting this now. Thursday night i decided to skip my classes on friday for what i deemed a good cause and it really payed off. Friday morning the weather wasn't exactly ideal with 20 mph winds and slightly cool so i really wasn't too surprised when i only heard a few different birds on the roost. After about 20 minutes of not hearing anything i decided to just move up about 100 yards or so and get on the ridge next to me so i would have a little bit better visability. I had just grabbed my stuff and walked three steps when one sounded off fairly close right across the small valley only 150 yards away. I quickly resat everything and got situated and this bird was hot! he would gobble with every call and if i went with out calling for 2 or 3 minutes he would go into a gobbling tirade. It went back and forth like this for 15 minutes and i thought he was hung up but then i saw a white head pop up 60 yards away.. and the rest is history with the third best bird to date:
27 lbs
11 inch beard
1 3/8" spurs
photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Top Bottom