Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frigid Forage Big-N-Beasty

WhereAmI

Just a couple odd questions I have.

My grandfather owns land and has cattle also. Well he has a section that has a ditch with crop ground around it, but around Thanksgiving he allows cattle in there. This usually slows the deer movement as they don't come to eat the crop that is left on the ground. The only movement is a little natural movement along the ditch.

Well my question is, if I was to put in a little food plot of big n beasty would it mess with the cattle in anyway?? Like harmful to them if they were to eat it??

The other question is if would the cattle eat it? I don't want to put the time and effort in and then the cattle just eat it all.

Why I want to put the plot in is because I go to school and the majority of my time is done during late season bow, so I thought maybe a little food plot like this would help.

Just let me know if I am crazy or if this is a good idea! :cool:

Yep, they'd smoke'm. Your only option would be to fence the plot. Pain, but it would work.

Alright, that may be an option if I can talk the grandfather into it. He has plenty of old wire and post he won't ever use. The tough part will be getting him talked into letting me plant it. :thrwrck:

Just saying, a fenced food plot won't help..."

Please elaborate why that wouldn't work? I have seen this work for keeping pigs out of a plot. build a sturdy fence that keeps cows out and the deer can jump in.

Last edited:
That was my thought as well, all other fences keep cattle out. Don't know why this would be any different.

A fenced food plot will most certainly help. I have done it and know others that also do it. In fact, it sounds like your only option. Good luck.

Very curious why J.B. thinks it would not help..????

Top Bottom