Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Frost Seeding Clover : Attention Midwest Habitat Company

DMarley83

DMARLEY83
Looking for recommendation for seed supplier and mix for frost seeding or traditional planting clover plots. Have literally done almost every avenue of seed from different suppliers to deer picture bags to the local co op and quite a # in-between. There are so many different variations of clover seed and over the years I am not 100% convinced any direction where the best BANG for the BUCK is....

Has anyone put together a fool proof batch of clover seed that can economically cover a lot of acres and have access to the "easy" button on short notice when the need arises????

Rob hoping you have this handled.

Tks in advance

I would recommend a mix of white clovers and a smaller percentage of annual for that first year such as balansa.

My go to mix is Ladino, white dutch, Alice white, and Balansa. You can add some red clover as well as its a little more drought resistant but I would skip that if its in a bottom area susceptible to getting wet.

This is by far the best bang for your buck. No sense in paying a premium for a "buck-on-a-bag" product. There are only about 4 places in the United States Clover is grown for seed. All these companies have the same sources.

Last edited:
Remember what you do before you drop seed is probably more important than the seed!! Make sure your ph is corrected and hit with right amounts of p n k fertilizer will make a world of difference when establishing a frost seeded stand!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom